很多高校建立了自己的数字化平台英语(平台英语翻译)

Hi, Bob the Canadian here. In a recent English lesson, a viewer asked me this question: "Bob, can you talk about some things that I can do to overcome the plateau stage in my English learning?"

嗨,这里的加拿大人鲍勃。在最近的一堂英语课上,一位观众问我这个问题:"鲍勃,你能谈谈一些事情吗? 就是我如何做才能克服英语学习的平台期"(或称高原期)

If you're not sure what the plateau stage is, or what a plateau is, it's when things level off.

如果你不确定什么是高原阶段,或者什么是高原,那是当事情趋于平稳的阶段。

When you started learning English, you probably learned lots of new words and phrases every day, and you were probably really excited to learn the English language.

当你开始学习英语时,你一天可能学了很多新单词和短语每,可能真的很兴奋学习英语。

But as you get close to the late beginner

但是,当你接近中年初学者

or intermediate level, sometimes your progress can level out.

或中级水平,有时你的进步可能趋平。

Sometimes it can feel like you're not making a lot of progress.

有时候会你觉得进步不多。

So in this video, I'm going to give you five tips. I'm going to talk about five things

所以在这段视频中,我要给你五个提示。我要谈五件事

that you can do to break through that plateau and to make your English learning exciting and effective

你可以突破高原,让你的英语学习令人兴奋和有效

and efficient and just awesome all over again. (light music)

和高效, 只是真棒一遍。(轻音乐)

Well, hey, welcome to this English lesson where I'm going to help you break through the plateau that you have hit in your English learning.

嘿,欢迎收看这堂英语课,在这里我要帮你突破在英语学习中遇到的平台期。

Before we get started, though,

在我们开始之前,

if this is your first time here, don't forget to click that red subscribe button

如果这是你第一次来这里,别忘了点击红色订阅按钮

and give me a thumbs up at some point during this video if it helps you learn just a little bit more English.

并在这段视频的某个时候竖起大拇指, 如果它能帮助你多学一点英语。

So before we can break through a plateau, we have to talk about what causes the plateau

因此,在突破高原之前,我们必须谈谈是什么原因导致高原

and what causes a plateau in learning is comfort, maybe a little bit of laziness, or maybe familiarity.

导致学习高原的是舒适,也许有点懒惰,或者熟悉。

Your body and your brain are really good at adapting. That means the more you do something,

你的身体和大脑真的很擅长适应。这意味着你做的越多,

the easier it gets. A great example is this.

它变得越容易。一个很好的例子就是这个。

I walk for exercise. When I started walking for exercise,

我走路锻炼。当我开始走路锻炼的时候,

my heart rate would go up and it would be good cardio exercise for me.

我的心率会上升, 这将是很好的有氧运动对我来说。

But after walking for a year, my heart rate did not go very high anymore

但是走了一年之后,我的心率不再很高了

because my body had adapted to walking. So now I usually add some stairs into my walk,

因为我的身体已经适应了走路。所以现在我通常在散步时加一些楼梯,

or I run a little bit while I'm walking to get my heart rate up.

或者我走路时跑一会儿, 让我的心率上升。

The same thing can be true with your brain. Your brain gets really good at doing the things

你的大脑也是如此。你的大脑真的擅长做这些事

that you do over and over again. Your brain is really good at doing things that you repeat.

你一遍又一遍地做。你的大脑真的擅长做你重复的事情。

So this might sound a little odd, but you shouldn't just be watching

所以这听起来可能有点奇怪,但你不应该只是看着

my English lessons on YouTube. You shouldn't just be listening

我在 Youtube 上的英语课。你不应该只是在听

to heavy metal rock and roll in English if that's the kind of music that you like.

重金属摇滚英语, 如果这是你喜欢的音乐。

You need to change things up a bit. So the very first thing that you can do

你需要改变一下。所以,你能做的第一件事

to break through that plateau that you are experiencing in your learning

突破你在学习中经历的高原

is to change what you are doing. It's again, very similar to exercise.

就是改变你正在做的事情。又是,很像运动。

If you only watch one YouTuber teaching English on YouTube, try to watch two or three.

如果你只看一个YouTube在YouTube上教英语,试着看两三个。

If you always read science fiction novels like I do, try to read something in a different genre.

如果你总是像我一样读科幻小说, 试着读不同流派的东西。

You have to kind of change things up a bit so that your brain kind of gets nudged a little bit

你必须稍微改变一下事情, 这样你的大脑就会被轻推一点

to do better. Because if you always do the same things all the time,

做得更好。因为如果你总是做同样的事情,

you'll only get good at doing those things. So the very first thing you need to do

你只会擅长做那些事所以,你需要做的第一件事

to break through that plateau is you need to change up a little bit.

突破那个高原是你需要改变一点点。

You need to change some of the things that you're doing when you're studying English.

当你学习英语时,你需要改变你正在做的一些事情。

The second thing that you need to do to break through that plateau is you need to get feedback.

要突破这个高原,你需要做的第二件事就是获得反馈。

When you first start learning the English language, you can learn a lot on your own and you can learn a lot

当你第一次开始学习英语时,你可以自己学到很多东西,你可以学到很多东西

without getting feedback from anyone. But when you get better and better at speaking English,

没有从任何人那里得到反馈。但是当你越来越擅通英语的时候,

you need to start getting feedback so that you can learn to pronounce things better,

你需要开始获得反馈, 这样你才能学会更好地发音,

so that you can learn how to properly use things in sentences.

这样你就可以学习如何正确使用句子中的东西。

When you start out, it's easy to learn lots of words, it's easy to learn a lot of simple phrases,

当你开始的时候,很容易学到很多单词,很容易学到很多简单的短语,

and it's easy to feel really excited about the things you are learning.

很容易对你正在学习的东西感到兴奋。

But as you move to the intermediate stage, you need to start to refine what you have learned.

但是,当你进入中间阶段,你需要开始完善你学到的东西。

You need to learn more complex sentences and you need feedback right away.

你需要学习更复杂的句子,你需要马上反馈。

So you need to find an English tutor or you at least need to find software that will correct you.

所以你需要找到一个英语导师,或者你至少需要找到软件,将纠正你。

Duolingo is a great product that you can use if it's available to you.

杜林戈是一个伟大的产品,你可以使用,如果它可供你。

It's an app, by the way, just search for it on the App Store.

顺便说一下, 这是一个应用程序, 只是在应用商店上搜索它。

But things that give you immediate feedback, things that correct you right away can be excellent practice

但是,那些能立即给你反馈的东西,那些能立即纠正你的事情,可以是很好的实践

when you're at the intermediate level, and having a person who can correct you

当你处于中级水平时, 有一个人可以纠正你

is even more important. So if you are stuck at a plateau,

更重要的是。所以,如果你被困在高原,

find a way to get more feedback on what you are doing and what you are saying and what you are writing

找到一种方法来获得更多关于你在做什么,你在说什么,你在写什么的反馈

so that you can refine the English that you've already learned.

这样你就能完善你已经学到的英语。

The third thing that you can do to break through that plateau

突破那个高原可以做的第三件事

is to register for an English test or plan on taking a trip.

是报名参加英语考试或计划去旅行。

I mentioned this a lot. I've mentioned this before in other videos,

我经常提到这个我以前在其他视频中也提到过这个,

but one of the best ways to push through a plateau is to have a goal in the future and to have a goal

但突破高原的最好方法之一是将来有一个目标,并且有一个目标

that requires you to work hard on your English. Now, I know it's hard to travel right now

这需要你努力学习你的英语。现在,我知道现在很难旅行了

because of COVID restrictions, but certainly, deciding that in six months

因为 Covid 的限制, 但可以肯定的是, 决定在六个月内

you're going to take an English test or deciding that in six months,

你要参加英语考试或在六个月后决定,

you're going to visit an English speaking country will help you be highly motivated to continue studying.

你要访问一个讲英语的国家会帮助你积极继续学习。

I love this method of motivation, and this can really help you break through

我喜欢这种激励方法,这真的可以帮助你突破

any kind of plateau you've reached. Because now, instead of you wanting to learn the language,

任何你到达的高原。因为现在,而不是你想学习的语言,

you feel like you must learn the language in order to do well on the test

你觉得你必须学习语言才能在考试中取得好成绩

or in order to have great English conversations when you go on your trip.

或为了有伟大的英语对话,当你去你的旅行。

So the next thing you can do, just set some kind of goal in the future,

所以接下来你可以做的,只是在未来设定某种目标,

either a test or a trip, and let that motivate you to break through that plateau.

要么是测试,要么是旅行,让这激励你突破那个高原。

The fourth thing you should do to break through a plateau is to challenge yourself to extend your learning.

第四件事,你应该做的,以突破高原是挑战自己,以扩大你的学习。

What I mean is this. When you are a beginner and you learn the word cat,

我的意思是这个。当你是初学者,你学会了"猫"这个词,

you know what a cat is, and then you move on and you learn the word dog

你知道什么是猫, 然后你继续前进, 你学会了狗这个词

or pig or cow. When you are an intermediate learner,

或猪或牛。当你是一个中级学习者,

when you reach that plateau, one of the things you should start doing is to use new words

当你到达那个高原时,你应该开始做的事情之一就是使用新词

as many times as you can right away that same day. So when you learn a new word, use that word in a sentence.

尽可能多的次数,你可以马上同一天。所以当你学习一个新单词时,在句子中使用这个词。

When you learn a new word, use that word in conversation that day.

当你学习一个新单词时,在那天的谈话中使用这个词。

When you learn a new word, think of all the other words that you already know

当你学习一个新单词时,想想你已经知道的所有其他单词

that are related to that word. Instead of just learning all of the English words

与这个词有关而不是只学习所有的英语单词

as little facts, make sure you're learning them as part of the bigger thing, which is the whole language.

作为小事实, 确保你学习他们作为更大的事情的一部分, 这是整个语言。

So another thing you should do, the fourth thing you should do,

所以,你应该做的另一件事,第四件事,你应该做的,

is you should challenge yourself every day to use new knowledge immediately.

是你应该每天挑战自己, 立即使用新知识。

It's just super-effective, and it pushes you to go beyond just learning vocabulary and phrases.

它只是超级有效,它推动你超越只是学习词汇和短语。

You have to start to learn the whole language, so you need to start to knit the things together

你必须开始学习整门语言,所以你需要开始把东西编织在一起

that you already know with the things that you are currently learning.

你已经知道你目前正在学习的东西。

The fifth thing you need to do to break through a plateau is to make English part of your daily life.

要突破高原,你需要做的第五件事就是让英语成为你日常生活的一部分。

What I mean by that is this. When you start learning English, maybe you take a class,

我的意思是这个。当你开始学习英语时,也许你上课了,

maybe you listen to some music in English, maybe it's something that you do just for fun.

也许你听一些英语音乐, 也许这是你做的只是为了好玩。

But if you wanna break through a plateau, you have to make English part of your daily life.

但是,如果你想突破高原,你必须把英语作为你日常生活的一部分。

So if you like reading books, you should be reading books in English.

所以如果你喜欢读书,你应该用英语看书。

If you like listening to music, you should be listening to music in English.

如果你喜欢听音乐,你应该听英语音乐。

If you like baking or cooking, you should have an English cookbook

如果你喜欢烘焙或烹饪,你应该有一本英语食谱

so that all of the recipes you use are in English. In order to break through the plateau,

以便你使用的所有食谱都是英文的。为了突破高原,

you have to create a state of partial immersion into the English language.

你必须创建一种部分沉浸于英语的状态。

You have to take parts of your life and you need to convert them into English.

你必须把生活的一部分,你需要把它们转换成英语。

This is not super-hard to do with the internet and the amount of media that is available right now.

这并非很难与互联网和现在可用的媒体数量有关。

You could very easily, starting today, only read in English, only listen to music in English,

你可以很容易,从今天开始,只读英语,只听英语音乐,

only look things up on the internet in English, only watch television in English.

只在网上用英语查找东西,只用英语看电视。

If you wanted to create partial immersion in the English language, you could do that today

如果你想在英语中创造部分沉浸式,你今天就可以这样做了

and you could do it very cheaply, if not for free. So the fifth thing that you really need to do

你可以做非常便宜, 如果不是免费的。所以第五件事,你真的需要做的

to break through that plateau is you need to make English part of your daily life.

要突破这个高原,你需要让英语成为你日常生活的一部分。

Well, hey, thanks for watching this little English lesson where I just talked a little bit about the English plateau

嗯,嘿,谢谢你看了这堂小英语课,我刚才谈了一点英语高原

or the language learning plateau. I do wanna thank Marcos from Brazil

或语言学习高原。我确实要感谢来自巴西的马科斯

for that question once again, and thank all of you for watching.

再次为这个问题,并感谢大家的观看。

By the way, if you're new here, don't forget to click that red subscribe button below.

顺便说一句,如果您是新来的,别忘了单击下面的红色订阅按钮。

Give me a thumbs up if you enjoyed this video. Share this video with other people you know who are learning English if you want to.

如果你喜欢这个视频, 请点赞,与您认识的其他人分享此视频

And if you have a little bit more time, why don't you stick around and watch another video.

如果你想学习英语, 他们正在学习英语。如果你还有一点时间,你为什么不留下来看另一个视频呢。

创业项目群,学习操作 18个小项目,添加 微信:80709525  备注:小项目

本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容, 请发送邮件至 sumchina520@foxmail.com 举报,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。
如若转载,请注明出处:https://www.vsaren.org/2796.html